Toggle Contrast

Someone is concerned about your child or young person?

If someone is concerned about your child the local authority will look into it and may contact you to see how they can help support you and your child’s needs. 

They may be able to provide information about different services you can access such as children’s centres, parenting classes, child care support, job centre plus, training advice and family health services to name but a few. 

The social workers are there to help and advise you and your family. 

Help and Advice 

The Early Help and Family Information Service Directory contains lots of information about childcare settings, local family support organisations and leisure facilities in and around the Dudley Borough and it is a useful guide to services and organisations that support children and young people, parents, carers and the people who work with them. 

From antenatal classes to dance groups, disability support to healthy eating, we hope to meet everyone’s needs. 

You can search for a local service or activity by type, location or age range, and can also search for specific requirements, for example wheelchair access or languages spoken. 

If you are worried and you feel that you need to speak to someone, you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or email them by visiting

If you think it is an emergency call 999.

If you are concerned about a child or young person please call the telephone numbers below. 

  • During office hours call the children’s services service on 0300 555 0050 selecting option 4 (9:00 – 5:00 Mon-Fri)
  • Out of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 555 8574 
  • In an emergency call 999.

If you contact Dudley Safeguarding you will speak to a professional who will listen to your concerns. They may take a few details and might need to contact you again, but your concern will be dealt with quickly and appropriately. 

You do not need to provide your name or give contact details if you do not wish to do so. Anonymous calls will not be ignored. 

Alternatively you can contact the NSPCC on 0800 800 5000 or email  them by visiting their website

The Dudley Multi Agency Referral Form is an online form on the Dudley Children’s Portal for referring safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people. 

Please complete the form online via the Dudley Children’s Portal site to send it to the single point of access team. 

In addition you can call 0300 555 0050. 

For an Early Help Assessment (non statutory) please go to our Early Help pages for more information. 

For further guidance go to: