Toggle Contrast

What happens if I report a concern about a child or young person?

When you contact Children’s Social Care you will speak to a professional who will listen to your concerns. They may take a few details and might need to contact you again, but your concern will be dealt with quickly and appropriately. 

You do not need to provide your name or give contact details if you do not wish to do so. Anonymous calls will not be ignored, however leaving your details may help Children’s Social Care further and investigate quicker. 

If you are concerned about a child or young person please call the telephone numbers below.

  • During office hours call the children’s services service on 0300 555 0050 selecting option 4 (9:00 – 5:00 Mon-Fri)
  • Out of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 555 8574 
  • In an emergency call 999.