Management of Allegations
All organisations providing services to children and young people must ensure that their staff and volunteers are safe to do so.
The vast majority of adults who work with children/young people act professionally and aim to provide a safe and supportive environment for the children and young people in their care. But it must be recognised that there are adults who will deliberately seek out, create or exploit opportunities to abuse children. It is therefore essential that a clear process exists for the investigation and resolution of allegations made against staff and volunteers.
The allegations’ process is managed by Dudley’s LADO (Local Area Designated Officer). The LADO is responsible for:
- Managing individual cases
- Providing advice and guidance
- Liaising with police and other agencies
- Monitoring progress of cases for timeliness, thoroughness and fairness.
All statutory partner agencies are required to report all allegations to the LADO within one working day. All referrals should be sent to email@example.com.
In Dudley, Yvonne Nelson-Brown and Sukhchandan Kaur are responsible for managing allegations, and report to Dudley Safeguarding People Partnership.
For advice and information about allegations against staff and volunteers please contact safeguarding.
- For Yvonne Nelson-Brown – 01384 813110
- For Sukhchandan Kaur – 01384 813066
- General line: 01384 813061
The online Request for Help and Support Form is available via the Dudley Children’s Portal site.
- The Role of the LADO
- LADO Process Flowchart
- Allegations Procedures
- LADO Referral Monitoring Form
- LADO Guidance – Allegations against you
- LADO Guidance for professionals
- LADO Leaflet for Carers